I feel like my drawing hasn't been improving very much lately so I decided to make a list of things that I have a hard time doing so I can have a list of things to look at and think about when I'm trying to improve.
1. Scaling a figure to a page BEFORE I've already drawn it and the person's feet are cut off
2. Objects interacting with each other, from one person holding an object or leaning on an object, to two or more people touching or touching the same object.
3. Coloring, watercolors, pencils, smooth coloring.
4. Facial expressions that rely 0% on stock Anime expressions (Y'know, ^_^, XD, vein, O_O, etc); the sub goal is figuring out how wrinkles over the nose, around the mouth, by the eyes, and on the forehead change an emotion since before I've mostly just worked with eyebrows and mouth and MAYBE eyes.
5. Eyes. In relationship to eyelids, each other, working on showing where a person's looking...
6. Textures. I can do a few textures, but only a few. And part of my problem with textures comes from...
7. Shading. Shading more than I do. Shading better than what I do. In more styles.
I also want to start using my quill and inks to draw.
So these are my goals. I'd say for 2014 but I'm really focusing on completing a finished, polished draft of my book for 2014 and I don't need the distraction of drawing. But maybe if I get it done in the first half, it can be my goal for the second half of the year. Or maybe they'll just stay goals until I feel good about my skills in that area.